To check the version your server is currenty running, please read version.txt which can be found in the root folder of your server.
### Downloading a copy of your backup file to your local computer before attempting to update is highly recommended! ###
To update your Starmade server, please follow these steps:
1. Stop your server.
2. Create a backup of your world files, using the built in backup feature in your control panel under Files>Backup. Please make sure the backup has completed.
3. Log into your server directory with an FTP client (either the built in your panel, or a client like FileZilla) and delete the file named no.update.
4. Save and Start your server. This will create a clean updated installation of StarMade for you.
5. Stop your server and restore your saved backup using the Restore feature of the control panel under Files>Backup>Restore.
6. Make sure that restoring has finished completely by checking your Console. You should see the message "Unpack done."
7. Start your server.
If you are in doubt on how to perform any of these steps, feel free to contact our support. We will be happy to help you out with this task.